This is our commentary on the portion B'shelach - "Sent out." In this portion, Israel goes out of Egypt with a "high hand" which, a few days later, provokes Pharaoh to pursue the Hebrews - something that had to happen that God would get honor on Pharaoh. There is a lot to address so start listening. Hope you enjoy. Approximately 2:40
This is Bill's commentary on the portion B'shelach - "Sent out." In this portion, Israel goes out of Egypt with a "high hand" headed toward Mount Sinai. Rather than taking the known route, God directs them to take a detour that leads them into, what Pharaoh would perceive as, a death trap - for Israel. However, it was Pharaoh who was being lured into a trap. Some of the highlights are:
- The importance of the phrase "fully armed."
- Why did God lead them into a gorge?
- Why did the Egyptians pursue Israel into the sea?
- The symbolism of the Manna.
- Much more. Approximately 2:40