Shalom! This is my commentary on the portion Miketz - "at the end." For years, this portion has fascinated me, not only for the fascinating story but, for the prophetic elements. Understanding that we interpret the end from "the beginning" (Isa. 46:8-10), that a torah portion is called "at the end" should grab our attention. Hope you enjoy. Approximately 90 minutes.
This is Bill's commentary on the portion, Miketz - "at the end." In this portion, not only are we treated to a fascinating story of endurance and faithfulness, but are also given a preview of things that will happen at the end of days: the years of plenty followed by the years of famine, in which the family of Israel is restored by virtue of a long, lost brother. This is a fascinating study. Other highlights include:
- How "Good" is bad and "Bad" is good.
- The East Wind and its modern significance.
- Why Joseph looks like an Egyptian.
- Joseph's connection to "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD.
- Much more - approximately 90 minutes.